Sunday, June 7, 2009

Day Six


After a lovely day yesterday, I was kept awake until nearly 2 a.m. by people partying in the alley behind our house. I was desperate for sleep, but just as I would start to drift off, a loud "Whoo hoo!" would erupt from the din of voices. I couldn't believe they didn't wake Jonah up. That is, I couldn't believe they didn't wake him up until they did ... at 5:48 a.m. this morning. Yes, some must have stayed up all night and then woke up Jonah when they were clanking empty bottles around in the trash can. So, I got all of about 4 hours of sleep last night. Coffee was my friend today. Fun at the playground ended a little early because of a very tired boy and a very tired mama. Jonah mostly pushed his food around at lunch but fell asleep quickly. And, so did I, which was good because he only slept about 45 minutes. More coffee for mama. My saving grace today was that my friend, Jeannie, offered to watch Jonah for a couple hours to give me a break this afternoon. I decided to tackle some of the chores that had been piling up all week, do some food prep for dinner tonight and take a quick shower. Just as I was about to hop in, I got a text from Matthew saying he had landed and would be home in an hour! Jonah and I arrived home fro the babysitter about 20 minutes before Daddy. Jonah was already eating and barely seemed to notice at first, but soon after he finished eating Jonah and Daddy had a snuggle fest. And, lucky me, Matthew was just in time to relieve me from bath duty! That's all for now. Daddy is home. Mama needs to catch her breath, drink some tea and look forward to relaxing in a clean house for a couple of days, all three of us home together again.

1 comment: