Friday, June 5, 2009

Day Four


9 a.m. Tatum came over to play with Jonah while Brie did some packing for their *sigh* move to California in a few weeks. They ate blueberries, strawberries and raspberries, drank from eat others' sippy cups and ate from each others' snack cups of oatios. The toddlers take turns petting Pete the cat, which Tatum calls "nona," her word for Jonah.
10 a.m. Jonah bit Tatum on the arm while the two wrestled for a toy. Tatum cried. I made Jonah "apologize" by gently stroking Tatum's arm.
10:15 a.m. Dance party to the instrumental version of the alphabet song.
11 a.m. Tatum goes home.
11:30 a.m. Jonah and I eat lunch. Yes, I ate lunch at 11:30. I excitedly presented him with some yummy leftover ravioli but he only ate the peas and some toast.
12:45 p.m. Jonah starts a nap. I try to nap but decide to eat cookies instead.
1:35 p.m. Jonah ends his nap. We putter around. I procrastinate changing Jonah's diaper because I can just tell he doesn't want this to happen. Daddy calls! From Paris!
3 p.m. I finally change Jonah's diaper, get him dressed, in the stroller, holding his "nynee" (actually a cheetah, one of five things he calls "nynee") and his sippy cup with "crucks." We head out in a light drizzle and head to the library.
3:30 p.m. Jonah pets the blue "tee-eey" (kitty), then runs over to point at Oreo and Buttercup, the children's library's pet gerbils.
4:10 p.m. Jonah has a mini-tantrum when we leave the library so I carry him out in my arms while pushing the stroller but I am able to cheer him up by distracting him with the giant panda statue in front of the library.
4:30 p.m. We arrive home. A few minutes later Jessica arrives and plays with Jonah while I take a shower, take care of a couple chores and then fix his dinner. Jonah greatly enjoys Jessica's giant towers of blocks and her book reading voice, as well as how she "drives" his trucks over his head and her legs.
5:30 p.m. Jonah eats scrambled eggs with spinach and cheese and rice with applesauce. He talks about "DAAA-DEEE!" a lot and points at his chair.
6:15 p.m. Jessica and I give Jonah his bath. He loves to hear two people singing "Wheels on the Bus" to him as I dry him off. He tells me to sing about the "hoohoo" (owl) and the "nynee" and the "ssssss" (snake) on the bus.
6:40 p.m. Jessica keeps the (effing) cats at bay while I read Jonah "Bear Snores On," "The Night You Were Born" and "It's OK to be Different." Each time I pull out a book Jonah tells me "DAAA-DEEE!" reads it to him. "Yes, Daddy reads you this book," I say each time.
7:10 p.m. I lay Jonah down in his crib and sigh a big sigh. One more day down. Jessica is here to eat dinner with me and watch a movie. Fabulous Friday night! Tomorrow: yoga for mom, music class for Jonah and Ken. Only three more "sleeps" 'til "DAAA-DEE!" comes home.

1 comment:

eliza said...

sounds like a good day!