Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Bye-bye Daddy

We dropped of Matthew at Union Station this afternoon so he could catch a train to BWI Airport. He's off again for another six-day work trip. This time it's only New York, not the other side of the world. We have been so enamored by Jonah saying "Daddy's home" that it has become one of his favorite things to say. He said it a lot this afternoon after we said good-bye to Daddy. I think he does understand, though, that Daddy is not home, but just doesn't know how to say "not home" yet. He does say "prip," which means "trip" or "Daddy's on a trip." Matthew is photographing golf. Hope for good weather. If it rains as much as it is supposed to, I worry that Daddy's trip will end up being a bit longer. Frankly, that ... would ... suck. We have lots of things planned, but nothing too exhausting. And, somehow, I ended up with a lot of offers of help, which I am accepting. So, that will be nice and allow me some time to catch my breath and then go back and be a good mom again. I'm even going to try to go to my book club one night this week! Crazy, I know! Wish us luck. Daddy will be home, I hope, on June 22, in the morning. (Yes, he is missing Father's Day. Boo. But, at least I don't have to buy a gift! At least not right away.) I'll provide updates from time to time, but probably not every day. I will need to save some time for yoga. ~ Nicole