Saturday, June 6, 2009

Day Five


The sun came out today. Just in time. And, I didn't see it until 7 a.m.! (Anyone who has kids understands that 7 a.m. is sleeping in.) Jonah and I lingered around in my bed for another 30 minutes or so, and he was very cuddly this morning. But, soon, he was off and running as usual, looking for the kitties, looking for his trucks, asking for crayons, asking for the kitties' toys so he can play with them. It was a bit of a scramble but I managed to have both of us ready for the day about an hour later. Jonah's morning plans were to go to the playground and music class with Ken. Thank you, Ken! My plans were to take out the trash (finally) and go to yoga. My yoga class was energizing and relaxing. I left class and stopped at the farmers' market and found some fresh, local strawberries and a few other things. The sun was shining, the temperature was perfect and there was a little breeze. And, I was all alone. So lovely! I arrived home well before Jonah so instead of cleaning or opening the mail or doing the laundry, I took a long, hot shower. Afterwards, I felt refreshed and relaxed. Ken and Jonah came home around 11:30 and we sat with Jonah at the table while he ate his lunch, something very simple that took as little energy as possible for me to make. He loved it and ate a good amount. After Ken left, Jonah seemed to get a burst of energy and I started to worry a bit about naptime, but after some mellow play and several books, he became sleepy. He was asleep by 1. Despite my energy earlier, I decided to soak up as much down time as possible so I got in bed, and Sammy and Pete were snuggled up together, purring, on the other side. I never got tired enough to really sleep, but I chilled. After about an hour, I cheered to myself that Jonah had slept longer than any nap over the previous three days. After an hour and a half, I got hungry so I got up and had something to eat. Then, I decided to go back to bed. Almost two hours after going to sleep, Jonah woke up. Two hours!!! Hurray!!! The rest of the day was just about perfect: Starbucks, playground, chatting with Sharona, and then dinner at Erin's house across the street to top it all off! Jonah loved David's fajitas, especially the black beans, and was completely charming and goofy. We stayed out a little later than usual, but hey, it's Saturday night! Then, a quick bath, skipped the books, and Jonah was asleep by about 8. I still have dishes to do and lots of other little chores, but I am leaving them undone for now. And, it feels great.

2 comments:

kristy said...

sounds like the perfect day! so glad.

eliza said...

huzzah.