Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Spin baby, spin!

I have something new to obsess about. The baby is head down, but lying with his or her back along my right side. Ideally, the baby's back should be along my left side. My midwife told me to sit forward with my legs apart so my belly has space to hang a little and to keep doing my pelvic rocks. She also said it's not a big deal if the baby doesn't switch sides but I easily forget that part. I don't want the baby to end up posterior, with the baby's back along my back, because that can often mean back labor. I don't want that. I'm hoping the baby spins into the right spot soon because he or she is getting big! My midwife guessed the baby is about 5 pounds now and could be around 8 pounds (or more) by the time he or she is born! The bigger the baby gets, the less room there is for shifting positions. But, I'm so happy that the baby is that big and healthy already. I guess I'm doing something right. Now, spin little baby, spin! ~ Nicole

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Nicole, Matt and Baby Cavanaugh.

Love always-
Mike and Deb Letourneau

Nicole said...

Thanks, Deb!