Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The bump gets bigger...

We got the prints from our Cape Cod vacation back last night and Nicole's belly looks so small. That was only a couple of weeks ago, but the baby has grown so much since then. The other night I felt the baby move. I put my hand on Nic's belly all the time, and I'm pretty sure I felt it once before, but this time there was no mistaking it. What I felt the first time was like the bones of the tiniest fragile little foot. This time it was a real baby moving around. Crazy.
I sort of wish we knew the gender. Then we could name the baby. Which is exactly the reason we decided not to find out the gender, but it seems strange to have this little being in there - more and more part of our daily lives - and not have a name for it. I call it "little baby" when I talk to... the area where the baby lives. The book I'm reading recommends talking to the baby everyday and claims this will seem normal soon, but it still seems really funny to me. I suppose if we knew the gender and we picked a name we probably get way ahead of ourselves and start looking at colleges. - Matthew

4 comments:

eliza said...

great idea, this. i feel a little more in touch already.

nicole looks great. more photos, please! bigger belly, bigger belly!

i have to say, your argument for keeping the baby's sex unknown is not exactly cogent, though i can't claim to understand that position generally. sounds to me like like you want to find out. so, seriously--why not? are you chicken or something? buk buk buk BU-GAWK!

Dani said...

Yay! I am so glad you guys are doing this. xo

kristy said...

i love this! i also love that nicole rocks a bikini pregnant!

Unknown said...

Oh, I loves me some bare baby belly!

I have to say, it is so fun to wait until the birth to find out who this little person is. Why start the gender stereotyping already? ;)