Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My brain. My brain on babies.

Will I ever sleep again?
Will I ever exercise again?
Will I ever fit into my clothes?
Will my house ever be clean?
Will I ever make soup before the squash rot?
Will I ever be able to finish a conversation?
Will I ever feel like I'm being a good mom to each boy separately and both of them together?
Will I ever feel like I'm being a good wife?
Will I ever go out to dinner and a movie again?
Will I ever have more than a few minutes alone?
Will I ever finish the dishes?
Will I ever go back to work? And when I do will I still feel like I'm employable?
Will Julian ever take a bottle, for real?
Will Jonah ever stop having tantrums?
Is it normal to want to scream my head off for no apparent reason?
Will we ever buy a house?
Will we ever buy a second car?
Will I ever feel organized again?
Will we ever finish unpacking?
Will Jonah ever go to bed on time again?
Will both kids ever take naps at the same time?
Will I ever finish a project? Will I ever START a project?
Will Jonah ever stop wearing diapers?
Will Julian ever sleep in a crib?
Will Julian ever sleep somewhere other than my bedroom?
Will comments like, "Cherish these moments" ever stop bugging me?
Will I ever shave my legs again?
Will I ever give up my ice cream every day habit?
Will I ever do yoga again?
Will I ever write all the thank you notes?
Will I ever write in Julian's baby book?
Will I ever send out Julian's birth announcements?
Will I ever return all my emails and phone calls?
Will I ever finish my "to do" list? Will I ever do more than keep re-writing my "to do" list?
Will the bags under my eyes ever go away?
Will I ever find time to actually write again?
Will this list ever end?
~ Nicole

1 comment:

Nancy Cavillones said...

I've kind of given up on a quite a number of these for now! Ha ha. When i was pumping, I actually got a lot of reading done but then, I stopped pumping at work, and reading a book went out the window!