Saturday, December 20, 2008

Jonah is 1!


Jonah is 1 year old today! Happy Birthday little boy, my sweet little baby, who is growing quickly into a toddler. We are home for the holidays and had a party for Jonah today at Auntie Dani's house. We are spending the week at Pepe's house, and as we were getting ready to go to the party this morning, Matthew said to me, "Well, we made it to a year." "I know!," I said. "And, we're still married!" Then, Pepe said, "Wait, the day's not over yet!" Meanwhile, Jonah has started walking. Motivated by the overwhelming desire to touch Dani's kitty, Ted, Jonah took one ... two ... three ... FOUR! tentative but exciting steps. Oh my, he's a walker! Oh ... my ... he's a walker now. Doesn't leave me much time for reflection. Ah, my baby. How he has grown. He's lost the new baby smell but still smells sweet. A full head of hair and three haircuts under his belt already. Loves kitties, doggies, birdies, trees, wind, buses, trucks, his Pat the Bunny. Mama calms him while Daddy makes him laugh. Or, Daddy cradles him while Mama sings and dances for him. Beautiful boy with the most kissable cheeks. Sweet little chubby hands that are learning to do so much. He's a delight. So happy. So smiley. And, also, a bit quick to frustration. Wants it now. Like his mama. And, now he's walking. The little boy who took 62 hours to come into the world. And, now he's off. Toddling around on his own two feet. And, we will be right there with him, every step of the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to you jojo- you sweet, precious angel.