Friday, September 26, 2008

A very good day


Today was a good day.

Jonah's cold is almost gone -- his nose has stopped running. He took two good naps in his crib today. (Hallelujah!) He was cheerful, as usual, all day. Despite the rain this morning, we took a nice walk outdoors. I clipped most of his nails while sitting on the front stoop watching the trucks, buses and doggies. I didn't freak out when I nipped his skin.

He had a good check-up at the pediatrician, weighing in at 19 pounds, 4 ounces. His development is perfect and he is exceptionally healthy. We got the green light to add some exciting new foods to his diet. And, I think I let go of my irrational paranoina about him weaning too early if I feed him too much food. He cried a little when he got his shots but he recovered quickly, and he got to play with all kinds of fun toys at the doctor's office.

Matthew got home from work early after a very busy week. We spent some time at the playground and Jonah climbed some steps and watched some older kids, seeming to soak it all in.

Jonah and I spent most of the day alone together and I realized that I didn't feel lonely. In fact, it was quite the opposite. Jonah is very good company.

Things change every day, but we seem to finally be settling into a nice routine. I am starting to learn the truth in "this, too, shall pass." ~ Nicole

1 comment:

Dani said...

Jonah is so big you might need to start calling this blog "little boy Cavanaugh" instead of "Baby Cavanaugh". Smmoch him for me.