Sunday, December 2, 2007

New and improved baby blog!

In case you haven't noticed, Matthew set up these nifty new features on our blog. First, there's the "ticker" to the due date. I love his description of it (estimated and unreliable) because there is basically a 5-week window when I could have the baby. By December 13 or so, I will be considered full term and it will be totally OK if I go into labor anytime between then and about mid-January. Crazy but true! Anytime between 37 and 42 weeks is totally cool. My due date is week 40. So there you have it.

The other feature I wanted to point out is that you can now cast a vote to say whether you think we will have boy or girl. We don't know and won't know until the baby is born. Our midwives don't know. The technician and radiologist who did the sonogram several months ago may have known but as far as I can tell it isn't written down anywhere so maybe no one knows any longer! We will be so happy either way and aren't rooting for one over the other, but not knowing has been a fun aspect of the whole experience. It's also the most common question I hear. Now, maybe at least I can tell people, "Well, we don't know but 7 out of 10 people believe it is a girl" or whatever.

Enjoy! ~ Nicole

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ooh, the boy votes are gaining!